Friday, December 23, 2005

Training started this week

I trained with my Master for the 2001 London Marathon but since then he's just been lazy and the daily walk has been all I have had to look forward to. For an incomprehensible reason he filled in the entry form for 2006 Marathon. The pleasure-pain principle was evident when he opened the acceptance letter, though. I was cock-a-hoop naturally. That's at least 500 miles before April. Great! Anyway he startred his training this morning and I was there by his side. He's following a training programme available at www.halhigdon.com - the novice program I hasten to add. Equipped with an iPod, various support bandages and a phone (in case of breakdown) we set off for the first run in Swinley Forest, somewhere in the South of England. It was uneventful really. I love to bark,, mostly at other dogs. In fact barking comes fourth only to eating, sleeping and of course running in a list of my favorite pursuits. Unfortunately there was only one large Alsatian off its lead, to whom I gave good account of myself,I think. So we did about 4 miles which seems to give the Master a bit of a problem. However he did finish it. Well I say 4 miles, but I was off my lead most of the time so I must have done about 20 miles. I am going to be ready for multiple marathons - which can be more than can be said of the Master.

No comments: