Saturday, December 24, 2005

Tough one today

After my Master's exertions yesterday I sensed a reluctance to keep up with the training already. It wasn't until just before lunch (his lunch, not mine - I don't get any at that time of day) that he finally seemed to motivate himself enough to get ready. We covered about five human miles - he kept me on the lead the whole time, which was very depressing, so my freedom was somewhat limited. He is so slow. He fell over my tail once and kept asking me to pull him up the hills. He's not going to be ready for 2010 never mind 2006. Apparently his iPod helps him over the pain barrier - a sort of auditory masking. There were three other dogs being taken for walks by their masters. I was able to lunge for one of them whilst my Master was engaged in the difficult process of putting one foot in front of the other. It caused all sorts of shouting and reactive behavior - excellent. The other two dogs were too far away and I was held very close. Apprently pain relief today came from The Killers and their "Hot Fuss" album (www.thekillers.co.uk) - surely the best album of late 2004/2005.

No comments: